Thursday 7 January 2010

My Ipoh Food Explore race

Just recently I spent about three weeks in Ipoh, exploring Ipoh and the neighbouring towns. I
visited Kg Simee, Bercham, Tambun, Gunung Rapat, Pasir Puteh, Menglembu, Buntong, Silibin and Chemor too. I've seen three markets - brought back memories of my younger days when I had to run errands for my mother. No such markets in Seremban now. 
 
Now here's the list of food I've tried  :
 
Kg Simee market white coffee and yau char kuai -  good
Wooley, next to Gourmet Square: lamb chop -  nothing extraordinary
Gourmet Sq: Popiah - OK
Kam Hor ngah choy kai, adjacent to Gourmet Sq -  average
Tai Fong Jee Tou mee -  OK but saltish
Sri Maju ngau lam fun, New town - good
Sin Eng Heong kayakok - good
Tong Sui Kai: Cheong Kee ngau lam fun, opposite Sam Tet School - good
Tong Sui Kai; ice kacang, opposite Sam Tet School - good
Ice kacang in a number of places - lousy
Buntong wantan mee - average
Nam Chau dry curry laksa and coffee - OK
Sin Seng Fatt dry curry laksa (Famous), old town - good
Kwong Hoing yong liew, kai geok and foochook yee mai, mah tai kang in Gunung Rapat - excellent. Talked to Mr Hew, the proprietor.
Metro cafe Mee Gopeng, Old Town - good. Met Mr Lam, the proprietor
Bercham Char siew, siu yoke - excellent and cheap
........ a lot more
 Best coffee - at the coffee shop, Wah Pan in Ipoh town .
 

I can now be a tour guide for Ipoh - especially for food. 

Anyone wants to join me next time ?

No comments:

Post a Comment